Thursday, March 23, 2017

Two Baptisms This Week!

Baptism of Sabastian and Fabian Montecinos
Our two Sebastians were baptized! Happy day.

Sebastian Montecinos
Sebastian Montecinos and his 8 year-old brother, Fabian did not have baptismal clothes because the ward has lost track of the baptismal clothing they have loaned to other wards in the stake.  So the day prior to their baptism, we ran to Conce looking for whatever outfit would be appropriate for their big day.  And, well, my comp and I ended up purchasing white lab coats. They were long and white. What else is needed?  So Sebastian and 8 year-old Fabian were baptized in lab coats.


Sebastian Sandoval
Baptism of Sebastian Sandoval
Sebastian Sandoval almost did not make it to his baptism.  He ended up being three hours late because his futbol tournament went longer than expected and his ride home fell through.  So the guy ended up walking all the way home clear from the other side of town.

These two young men will be great missionaries to their families and really strong members.


Elder Jose Augusto Texeira
Visit from Area Authority, Elder Texeira
One of the pick-me-ups this week was a visit from the Area President, Elder Texeira.  He is from Villa Real, Portugal.  He's a fun guy. Knows five languages.  Loves a good story.

One of his focuses was empowering the missionaries to go out and Find new investigators by talking with anyone and everyone.  I have to be honest - I had stopped doing this - talking to everyone.

Seems I'm not the only one and that's why his remarks were geared to motivating us to open our mouths more.

I swear, if there is no one else who has been changed from this conference, I have.  I am not going to sit by and watch one of the major experiences of my life pass me by.  I felt like the Apostle Paul when the Lord told him:

"Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace."
Acts 18:9


Sun over the hills of Chiguayante
Cambios
Well, transfer calls came, and my companion is being transferred, and I am staying in lovely Chiguayante with a Chilean companion - Elder Conteras.  I'll tell you more about him next time.

Now, we must find, find, find.  Pray that doors are opened for us.

Until next time, everyone!
Elder Connor Nef







No comments:

Post a Comment