Saturday, April 1, 2017

How Beautiful Upon the Mountains

Coastal cliffs of Concepcion, Chile

How beautiful upon the mountains
are the feet of those that are still publishing peace!
Mosiah 15:16

Okay, since I've been out on my mission, I've already gone through 5 pairs of shoes. I don't know if it's the miles I walk or the way I walk - either way, I am rough on shoes. Picture does not show it, but the damage is in the soles. They get ripped, chewed and rubbed to the metal.  "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet?" Apparently, not in my case.  But a new pair just came in the mail from home and they feel great!  Gonna be walking in comfort.
Worn shoe next to new shoe

Baptism of Carolina
Carolina was baptized this week and confirmed on Sunday. Arismendiz returned for her special day. Here we are in a picture with her mother, her son, Santiago, and Karim.


Introducing Elder Contreras
Let me introduce you to my new companion - Elder Contreras.  He is from Santiago Chile. A really smart, well educated guy.  You know, Chilean missionaries, I have found, teach the best because they are in their element - their territory. So I plan on learning a lot more on this transfer with Elder Contreras.
Elder Contreras cooking up something good

Around the World Ping-Pong Tourney
The ward activity this week was really fun - an Around the World Ping-Pong tournament.  Everyone had a blast.

This weekend is General Conference. I look forward to hearing from the Lord's servants, bearing testimony of Him who is the Author of Peace. On that note, I'll leave you with this verse.

O how beautiful upon the mountains
are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings,
that is the founder of peace, yea,
even the Lord, who has redeemed his people;
yea, him who has granted salvation unto his people.
Mosiah 15:18

Now that's something beautiful.  Time to go publish Peace!

Happy Conferencing, everyone,
Elder Connor Nef

















No comments:

Post a Comment