Saturday, January 14, 2017

I Love it Here

A horse named Gringo
New Years Day
Happy New Year everyone. On the night of December 31st, we missionaries were invited to Hermano Araya's home (the bishop's 2nd counselor) for a big dinner.
at the Araya's home for New Years Eve dinner
For New Years day, we got to watch movies as a zone.  President gave us a list of movies to chose from. We chose Finding Dory, Inside Out, and Invictus.

Chiguayante
Chiguayante is beautiful. It is sandwiched between forested hills and the Bio Bio River, which I can see when I leave the house.
Chiguayante
Work is Going Awesome
The work is going awesome here. By the end of Saturday we got our 20th lesson with a member present. Then on Sunday there were 142 people at church.  During the week we had visited five less-active families, and four of them came to church. Three of our investigators also showed up!

Fernanda
I had the opportunity to give my first baptismal interview. It was with a girl named Fernanda.  I first asked her how she felt about her baptism.
     "A little nervous," she said, "I have planned everything. I am just looking forward to having the Spirit of God residing in me."

Did I really need to ask any more questions?  She's ready.

I love it here!

Happy 2017 everyone,
Elder Connor Nef







No comments:

Post a Comment