Sunday, August 6, 2017

Fear into Faith

Ernestina got baptized!
Ernestina's Baptism
I had interviewed Ernestina last week for baptism, but she backed out for some reason at the last minute. This week, I met with her again for another interview, and I found out why: she has terrible arthritis, and was scared about going into the water and having a sudden pain attack. Her fears reminded me of some fears of my own from earlier in my mission -- while that pain was more emotional, and hers is physical, I told her what I learned from my experience.

I told her about the testimony I gained in Christ and His Atonement, about how He is the solution for our fears and pains. When we hand all our problems over to him, he gives us hope and peace to carry on. He gives us strength to do what's right.

Peace I leave with you, 
my peace I give unto you: 
not as the world giveth, give I unto you. 
Let not your heart be troubled
neither let it be afraid.
John 14:27

She took heart with what I said and -- drumroll please -- she was baptized the next day! Hector baptized Ernestina, and I helped lower her into the water. Glad that Parral is helping me get some good use out of my baptism clothes.

Introducing: Elder Sharp!
Elder Sharp is awesome. He is from Hawaii, and he loves to surf and play soccer. He also loves Hamilton and the Beatles (interests I share). Even better, he is an obedient, hard worker who looks for every opportunity to teach. My kind of guy! You can say that we get along swimmingly. His parents sound awesome too: his dad speaks 5-7 languages and teaches institute in Hawaii, and his mom might be reading this blog right now (hi Elder Sharp's Mom!).



Looking forward to fearlessly facing the weeks ahead with Elder Sharp,
Elder Connor Nef

















No comments:

Post a Comment