Sunday, July 30, 2017

Saving Souls...and Frogs

Small frog
If I were to give a theme to this last week, I would say the theme was saving. First of all, my companion and I saved a frog. He was right in the middle of our street, and so we placed it in a brand new, much safer home: a pond.

Interviews & Baptisms
Second, baptisms! There were four people set to be baptized on Saturday, so as district leader, I did all four interviews. 2 hours later, I was exhausted. One interview took a whole hour because there was an elderly woman who just loved to talk about a variety of subjects.

The other people getting baptized were a married couple and their daughter. I had the blessing to baptize the mom, Erika.

Hector, Cecilia, Erika, Edmundo, Elder Garcia, Me

Transfer Calls
While Elder Garcia is leaving to Cauquenes, I will be staying in Parral with a new companion named Elder Sharp! I am excited to get to know him. Good luck Elder Garcia!

A dog up the street we named Padfoot
And congratulations to Elder Cowley (my trainer) who is getting married at the end of the year. Wishing you the best!

A good week overall. It always feels good to help people join the fold of God. It's cool to think that my job for two years is to help save others. Sometimes that means simple acts of kindness as small as caring for God's creatures (like that little frog). Other times, it means big things like interviewing and baptizing. But whatever I do, it all comes down to doing what Christ would do.

Makes me think of that scripture:

And if it so be that you should labor all your days
 in crying repentance unto this people, 
and bring, save it be one soul [or frog] unto me, 
how great shall be your joy...
Doctrine & Covenants 18:5

How blessed I am to feel some of this joy myself. 

My zone

Love you all, 
Elder Connor Nef











No comments:

Post a Comment