Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas

Riding the bus home from the Temple
I have had a great week. Memorizing has come faster and I'm at the point where I can speak Spanish 75% of the time. Not bad, eh?

Answering Your Questions:
- The CCM (Mexico MTC) now has 120 missionaries, when I came there were 200.
- My Zone has 2 Districts.
- My District is fun and we get along well.
- My job as Zone Leader is to be an example, be a soundboard/advice-giver, and make sure everyone is at least speaking Spanglish (a great motivator to grow my own Spanish).
- Found out that I am the best at playing volleyball :| It makes it both fun and not fun (I'm really not that great)
- They gave me my Spanish scriptures and a bunch of other study helps.
- Devotionals are every Sunday and Tuesday, which is either a visiting member of the Seventy, a pre-recorded message of an Apostle, or a video (we watched the film Legacy on Sunday).
- The weather here at Christmastime is like Spring at home.
Mexico City Temple
Specific Prayer
Sunday, President Tenorio (MTC president) spoke on the topic of Specific Prayer, and he used Genesis 24 and the servant of Abraham as his example. 
And he (the servant) said,
Oh Lord God of my master Abraham, I pray thee,
send me good speed this day,
and shew kindness unto my master Abraham.
Behold, I stand here by the well of water;
and the daughters of the men of the city come out to draw water:
And let it come to pass,
that the damsel to whom I shall say,
Let down thy pitcher, I pray thee, that I may drink;
And she shall say, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also:
Let the saying be she that thou hast appointed for thy servant Isaac;
And thereby shall I know
that thou hast shewed kindness unto my master.
Genesis 24:12-14

Abraham's servant journeyed to the well to find a bride for Abraham's son, Isaac. Not wanting to mess up, the servant asked specifically what he wanted to happen to know for certain who Isaac should marry. God heard the prayer and answered it, just as asked, Rebecca then became Isaac's bride, and the rest, they say, is history.

The president then told all sorts of stories from his own life where specific prayer worked. Very inspiring.

Well, later that night as I was pondering the president's words, I offered a specific prayer to know if this principle worked. After the prayer, I opened my scriptures and read a little, when I happened to find a verse that I had looked for for years and could not find. There it was - the last verse of the chapter. And the Spirit bore witness to me of the power of specific prayer.

What a great help prayer is in this learning process...and in life.

Merry Christmas Everyone!
Elder Connor Nef




No comments:

Post a Comment