Tuesday, September 26, 2017

He Did This Time!

Headed to Stake Conference in Linares with this good-looking group
It may have been raining much of the week, we may have biked and walked until our treads were smooth, with days of cancellations and no one letting us in - but our spirits weren't dampened.  It was good work.  Yes, much of the week was slow-going, but Friday everything changed. We taught 12 lessons on Friday alone.

Pancho (ward member) and I were even able to teach an atheist who wants us to return. That would be the ultimate turn-around.  And then there is our golden investigator, Cristofer.

Cristofer, the Young Adult
One day on splits when I headed out with Leandro, we ended up going to Cristofer's house.  We pass by this guy a ton and he is almost never home, but he was this time!

Earlier, when he wasn't home, we would simply leave a pamphlet every time with hopes that he would read it.  By now he had a handful of them.  And, come to find out, he read all of them and said, "The material was really good. They answered my doubts."

Carved from
Fish bone
Later in the week, we taught Cristofer a few more lessons and found him so prepared, he was basically teaching us the principles.  I have discovered that if you teach the first 3 lessons well to an investigator and he/she has lots of member communication, he/she will understand lessons 4-5 perfectly.  This was the case with Cristofer.

Later still in the week, as my comp and I were planning our schedule, Cristofer's name came up - and his baptismal date.  I felt that we should change it to an earlier date.  He was ready.  Shoot, he even wants to go on a mission right away!  Elder Sharp hands me the phone and I dial.

Cristofer NEVER answers his phone, but he did this time!  So I ask, "Cristofer, what would you think about getting baptized this Saturday."
   
"I think it sounds great," he says.

I then phoned the branch president to get permission for the service.  Branch pres never answers the phone, but he did this time - and he gave us the green light.

[cue angel choirs]

Plus, this weekend will be General Conference!  So great.


Have a blessed week, Everyone,
Elder Connor Nef









No comments:

Post a Comment