Thursday, June 29, 2017

Picking Up Momentum in Parral

San Jose Street in Linares, Chile. Makes me feel at home
My companion and I are loving Parral. Elder Garcia (from Guatemala) just turned 20 this week (happy birthday!). We are working hard building up our teaching pool, assisted by our awesome ward mission leader Leandro.

Leandro is the best.

The area around Parral is very beautiful (and very cold. Monday was -5 degrees Celsius. That's 23 degrees Fahrenheit). It's near the base of the Andes, with a couple of rivers that help shape the landscape.



There are no native deer in Chile, but German immigrants brought some over from Europe in the 1950s. So you can find herds of German deer in Parral!



The enthusiasm some people have here for the gospel lifts me up. We were out working the streets with a man who has been making his way back from excommunication, and I was touched by his humility and his excitement to do especially home teaching. Makes me humbled and excited to help others feel that same eagerness to serve God and our fellow men.

Our mission president paid us a visit - here's Elder Garcia and I with President and Sister Catala.


We're picking up momentum in Parral! Wishing you a great week,
Elder Connor Nef








No comments:

Post a Comment